So here we are again... I just finished eating my dinner after getting home from work. :) in other words, not much to report about today. I can, however give you an update on what I've been doing with Light of the World Ballet! woohoo! Let's see if Alyssa can keep her thoughts straight this late at night.
On the 9th we performed at Westside Manor adult home. It was a blast... and my roomie's first attempt at doing a booking by herself. Give it up for Breanne! hehe. I thought the performance went pretty well considering the small space and low ceiling, but I think the more we do small spaces the better we get at it... I think the Philippines helped with that one a lot too. Those were some small spaces! We did, however, have a last minute change of dances we would perform, and the quick decision that large and hard pointe shoes may not be the best idea in a space where we would be dancing so close together. Ouch! Thankfully we figured that out before the show!
I got to talk to some of the residents. They were all so sweet. I love sharing with people that are so open to what I have to say. I met one lady whose parent-in-laws were missionaries to China! That one kind of blew me away.
On Monday we got together with some of the interns at Believer's Chapel for the application of the treasure hunting they taught us two weeks before. It was a very unique and exciting experience. I went with one of my house mates, Rachel and one of the interns name Chris. I think we made a good team. We got to pray with a couple people for healing and family stuff. We also had some people run away, but what can you expect. It was so exciting, though, to see how God can put you in the right place, at the right time, to talk to even just one person that really needs a touch from God. I can't wait to do it again!
Then yesterday we had two performances, the first was at a refugee center. For those of you who don't know, Syracuse is bringing in refugees here to start a new life. Its cool to be able to get to know so many cultures in one place, but it is also hard because the people come with no money and no idea how to adjust to the culture. That is why there are places like the Catholic Charities place we performed at. To help them got on their feet and teach them everyday things that you and I often take for granted. The performance went well, even though they couldn't understand us very well, but we also got to teach the kids dance steps, which was really fun. We have very much come to find that the language of dance can really tear down language barriers.
After that we had some time to eat and do much needed back messages on each other before we headed of to the BASIC meeting at Onondaga Community College. BASIC stands for Brothers and Sisters In Christ. It is the Christian group on campus. The leaders go to Alyssa I and Amy's church, so we had the connection and were able to encourage the whole group! it was great. Another small space, but still very exciting. I'm still pretty amazed at how many people I am getting to meet and minister to. It is almost overwhelming to think about! And yet, it seems so natural. I guess it's because this is where God has put me for this season. Plus, it's our commandment isn't it? To go and MAKE DISCIPLES. wow. it's really exciting.
Tomorrow we have one more class before break... I really don't know what I am going to do with myself with no dancing for a whole week! Thankfully I still have work, otherwise I think I would go crazy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
It really is a wonderful privilege that Father gives us to participate with Him in touching others. Pretty amazing stuff as you said. Pure joy. That's why they say it is more blessed to give than to receive. It's truly fun to be His light.
ReplyDelete