Wow, blog number 2! I'm doing better than I thougth I would be doing at this point! ha.
Still no performances to report, but we have been doing quite a lot this past week. We finished learning all the dramas. We even started to video tape them. It was so neat to see what everyone came up with and how they put it together. it actually kind of inspired me... me being that random creative mind that I am. I've been thinking about what kind of drama I would put together. what would it look like? what characters would there be? how would I get the message across? Honestly I've got lots of ideas, but those will be for some other time... the one thing I realized is how much I love doing stuff like that. Isn't funny how when you find somthing you really like to do, you feel fulfilled when you do it? It's the same thing with what I am doing here. I feel like I am fulfilling a greater calling in my life. Of course, for those of us who believe, we know what the great Calling is! How cool is that!
Anyway, enough self relfection, back to Light of the World Ballet.
We started learning the coreography for "You are Special," a ballet based off of Max Lucado's best selling children's book. We only got through one dance today, but the ballet seems really cute. It is definitely a good ballet for kids to see. For those of you who have never heard the story, it is about a Toy Maker, Eli, and and all the wooden toys, called Wemmicks that he has created. The Wemmicks live in a little town called wemmicksville. They either earn stars to wear if they excelle at something or are do something good, or they get dots to wear if they are clumsy and awkward. Punchinello is one of those toys and all he earns is dots. He thinks badly of himself until he learns from Eli that he was made special! Its actually a really good book. They sell it at the store that I work at.
I love it, because there are so many kids that look down on themselves. But aren't we all made in the image of God for a special purpose?! The obvious answer to that question is yes, but how often do we, oldest to the youngest, still let the world tell us what we are worth?
Light of the World is also learning Treasure Hunting! We are meeting with a few interns at a local church to learn about it and try it. I am actually pretty excited about it. We met with the interns today and they were telling about the stories they have had out treasure hunting. I think I would describe treasure hunting as prophetic evangelism. Which is pretty darn cool. I think it is good for all of us to step out of our cofort zones to minister to people. It is one thing to minister to people that how come to see you dance, it is something else intirely to minister to some random person that you have never met before. And for that, I a greatful that we get to do this. It's been so long since I've had the opportunity to do something like this, and from experience, I know that when are hearts are after God He will do some pretty darn amazing things. Plus, I always get a rush when I see God reaching people through me. Not that I am seeking after things for myself, but it is a perk! :) (had to add the smiley after that one. ha)
Although, I could add so much more, I really don't want to make this so long that no one will read it... so this is me signing off... though, I'm delaying it with pointless words because I really don't want it to end. Sigh... I could write for hours. I guess you could say that is one thing I definitely got from my mom!
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment